Monday, January 21, 2008

45 hours 48 minutes to go

Even with my little girl's mastery of in utero kung fu in the basketball formerly known as my wife's belly and the twice weekly visits to the hospital for heart rate monitoring, I still can't believe we are expecting her within the next couple of days.

The anxiety is beginning to build up, much like how you feel right before a big game or race. You just want to get on with it, do the doing, instead of waiting around. At least our bags are packed.

When our son Andrew came into this world, I didn't know what to expect or how life would change. Now, I couldn't imagine life any other way nor can I remember what it was like before him. Oddly enough, even thinking I am experienced with one of these under my belt, I am going through the same emotions, the same questions, the same wondering of "How will this change things?" and "What happens if....?. Except now I am also adding "Oh dear God, I am having a daughter. I know very well what rattles on in the mind of a man, and I am having a daughter."

Lorraine has been an absolute trooper pricking her finger 4 times a day, keeping a steady watch on her sugar intake. Needless to say, she is greatly anticipating getting rid of her testing kit and consuming chocolate, pasta and wine very, very soon.

We will let you know more as more happens.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment