Monday, April 7, 2008

April 7, 2008

WHAT HAPPENED TO MARCH???
I can't believe how fast time is flying. We have been enjoying the gorgeous spring weather, watching Kate grow, training Andrew to use the potty and oh ya, . . . I turned 30!! Here's some pictures for you to enjoy!
My brother graduated and is now a licensed radiology technician! We are thrilled for him! Mom and Dad threw him a party with a skeleton/bone theme - hence the t-shirts we are all wearing with skulls and bones. He's off to Portland to land a job and start his career. We couldn't be happier for him!
Kate is going to be a chatty girl! She has the most adorable voice and spent the evening of Chris' party showing it off to her Aunt Meme. She is a very happy baby who is easy to please - Thank Goodness!! She reminds me a little of Andrew, he was equally easy going as an infant.

Easter morning was amazing. Andrew took after his daddy and spent his time looking for money! The chocolate M & Ms were also a hit, but the money in the Easter eggs was pretty exciting! The bubble machine filled our backyard with more bubbles than Andrew knew what to do with. The squeals of delight sure told us he's a long way off from puberty! Whew!

Yes, that is me and Allie snapping a picture with baseball GREAT Mark Grace. "Evening on the Diamond" proved to be a wonderful dinner with our closest friends, all for a great cause none the less.



Ok, so it's true. I really did turn 30. I really haven't been giving this birthday much thought, mostly because I'm too busy to care and because I'm really happy where I am. So who cares right? I don't get carded as often when buying wine and people assume that the little munchkins with me are mine. I can't say that I'm totally thrilled that the lines around my eyes want to hang out and visit awhile after I'm done smiling, but I'm not going to start complaining about that now. I have to say that I really treasure the lasting and friendships that I have made in the past few years. Maybe I was ready to be a good friend back, and I'm sure that came with my age. But I've met some incredible women here in Phoenix. Talk about raising the bar, these ladies are educated, compassionate, talented and generous with time, charity and friendship. I feel so lucky. Most of all, I feel lucky to be Charlie's wife. He threw me a very meaningful birthday party at the Arizona Science Center where we all learned about ways we can help the environment. The kids had a great time exploring and I got to pass out pieces of the most beautiful birthday cake I've ever had, thanks to Dana! It's great to be 30, I'm looking forward to the next 30!

Here's to Life!
Lorraine

No comments:

Post a Comment