Monday, April 6, 2009

Soundtrack of Our Lives

So you all know that Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers is our favorite band. RCPM is really the soundtrack to our lives - as it is usually always playing in the background. It was a proud moment for me when Andrew asked to hear his favorite RCPM tune while driving one day and an even prouder moment for me when my eye caught him singing along in the rear-view mirror. I hope that he and Kate grow up to appreciate the philosophy of "Life is Grand, Love is Real and Beauty is Everywhere!"

I do have a theory that I have shared with many of you. I am positive that I could be friends with anyone who is truly a RCPM fan. If you appreciate his music and lyrics than you must be a pretty cool person! Tickets to the Tempe Music Festival was a very thoughtful birthday present from my sister last weekend. We took the kids for their first show since Roger was the opening act and played on the early side of the evening. Andrew loved hearing his familiar songs and was supper excited to see that the horns came along for the big show. Kate had herself a nice cuddle with momma and managed to keep her little eyes open longer than her brother! Andrew eventually passed out in Daddy's arm and we headed home. The show was only an hour so this was the perfect introduction to hopefully a lifetime appreciation of RCPM. Now we totally understand how those really old hippies still show up for Grateful Dead covers and dance their hearts out. I'm sure that will be Charlie and I 50 years from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment