Sunday, October 5, 2008

Catch Up Time!


You have heard of camouflage. You have heard of urban camouflage. But have you heard of suburban camouflage? This is not Photoshop. Grandma Cady made a VERY special quilt. The pants actually match the backside of the quilt. The front side is an AMAZING pictorial of every state, hand stitched with each state's capital!















Fourth of July. This was a challenging picture to take! I've recently caught Andrew sweetly singing his sister a lullaby and whispering "shhh pretty baby" when she is going down for a nap, then today I witnessed Andrew pushing her out of his way as she was reaching for a toy. So, they are experiencing some highs and lows of having each other as siblings. Someday, I can only hope that they will feel as lucky as Charlie and I do to have the siblings we have.




In July, we ventured out west. And the only thing out west from Phoenix is San Diego. We stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado for a few days and took the kids to the zoo. This was our first go at a family vacation with the two kids and we realized that it's really not a vacation, it's a trip. The napping, eating and sleeping schedules never really got into sync. Thank goodness Charlie gave me a break so I could take a beach yoga class and I returned the favor so he could do a long ocean swim. Once we stopped trying to do things, we started having a lot more fun!
















Charlie and I have always felt strongly about the kids learning how to swim and feel comfortable in the water from a very early age. Andrew has been in swim class now for 3 years and Kate has just begun her baby swim class this October. Living in Phoenix means we will always be near a pool and I am so thankful that there are places like Hubbard Family Swim School that do such a great job teaching the little ones important swim skills.





Andrew and his buddy Carson really enjoy their swim class!




















Andrew just started attending the family performances at the Phoenix Symphony. He totally loved the Instrument Petting Zoo and making a craft. They had a fantastic fiddler that really captivated the young audience! That's all for now, I'm busy thinking about the holidays already! There are lists to make, things to clean and parties to plan. Oh ya, and important election to pay attention to. Busy busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment