We have had a busy winter full of too many sick days. I'm hoping that the warmer weather will turn the tide on the icky germs that go along with the colder season. Kate really enjoyed her birthday party and then came down with a terrible cold the next day! Here are some adorable birthday pictures.

Dana Brown did it again with the most amazing cupcake tower for our little
CupKate. Each cupcake was just sparkling with glittery pink and green sugar! Kate enjoyed every bite!


I just loved this picture of the two kids enjoying the party balloons after the festivities. Too bad that the other half floated away!
Ok, some of you out there understand that there is a new rite of passage that occurs for parents as they enter the preschool age. After months of research Charlie and I settled on one great school, Villa Montessori. This is a great Montessori school here in Phoenix that offers a private preschool and then a charter elementary school. It's tough to explain all the reasons why this school is a perfect fit for us, but it really really is. The downside of this school is that many parents feel the same way! Therefore, on open enrollment day, the line usually begins the night before and many parents camp out. So, Charlie arrived at the Villa Montessori parking lot at 11pm, and endured a long, cold, windy night in his cold weather gear in hopes of getting Andrew in to this great school. Crazy, huh?! Well, he was not even 1st in line, he was #6 (out of about 140)! Yes, that means that there were 5 crazier parents out there who thought to arrive even earlier! Thankfully we just
received the call and ANDREW IS IN! Yippee!!! Thank you Daddy for doing all that you can to ensure a great start for Andrew (and eventually Kate)!

I packed him enough goodies to last a few nights! So, to all of you parents out there who might have had to endure something similar, we too understand.
Here's a couple more cute pics

Daddy with the kids at the Scottish Festival. The drummers and bagpipes were really awesome!
This was tonight's spaghetti dinner ...it almost looked like a spa treatment! Too bad this was actually after her bath! She really is our little "CupKate - the mess maker!"
Oh- I did read more of my book, Hot, Flat and Crowded by Thomas Freidman and I welcome any discussion out there, but I am not going to finish that thread here. Too much to cover... ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment